Our Latest Podcast!

Recorded on 11-09-2008

Thursday, October 2, 2008

How much is $700 billion, really?

As our government contemplates bailing out the mortgage industry, it got me thinking. Not so much what will the government do with the money, rather what would I do with the money. That seems like a lot of money, $700 billion......WOW! We really don't realize how much that is. Think about this.

Let's say I hop on Ebay and buy the following:

1931 Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe (the most expensive car in the world)
Tiger Woods
Warren Buffet
Michael Jordan

Bill Gates
A Stealth Bombers
A Shuttle Launch

Every NFL Team
Every MLB Team
Every NBA Team
Every NHL Team
and Disney (which owns ESPN)


When I go to my PayPal account, I will see a grand total of

$222,691,700,000

I still have a whopping $477,308,300,000 left on my US Governmental Gift Card.

I'll just buy a Brett Favre NY Jets Jersey ($79.55) for EVERYONE IN THE WORLD, literally!!!

No comments: