Our Latest Podcast!

Recorded on 11-09-2008

Saturday, November 1, 2008

A True Sportsman or a Complete Loser?


FYI:

(Source: abcnews.com)

Feather Gloves and an Iron Heart
After 256 Losses in 19 Years, Peter Buckley Won His Final Bout


Nov. 1, 2008
RSS Boxer Peter Buckley is not exactly a boxing champion, but do not tell him that.

The fighter from Birmingham, England, won the last fight of his career Friday -- a rare feat for a man who has lost 256 of his 300 fights, but one that is oddly an appropriate end to a journey that was a battle all the way.

Buckley told "Good Morning America" that he doesn't know why he kept fighting for so long.

"I don't know exactly myself, but I love boxing," he said. "I've always loved fighting."

Despite his less-than-stellar record, the Birmingham bloke has never been knocked out.

"I've been stopped, but I've always ended up on my feet," he said. "Suppose I got a good chin. Got good defensive skills and plenty of heart."

For everyone that feels the urge to call Buckley a loser, though, he has a message:

"Them people don't know me, right?" he said. "They never met me, never spoke to me. They don't know what I'm about. They can't say I'm a winner [or] loser. But you find out if you are a real man once you get in those square ropes."
<>
So, sports wannabes, what do you think? Is this dude a true sportsman or a complete loser? We'll take your comments, compile them into an aggregated spreadsheet, and then do nothing with them, so be sure to leave your thoughts below.


Digg!
submit to reddit

No comments: